- Enamel is the hardest substance in the human body.
- Flossing once a day can increase your life expectancy by 6 years.
- It’s estimated that as many as 50% of adults experience some degree of dental fear.
- 75% of the United States Population suffers from some stage of gum disease.
- Most find a person’s smile to be the most important feature.
- Archeologists have found evidence that Neanderthals used a small stick to clean the mouth as many as 63,400 years ago.
- Only 12% of Americans floss daily.
- Humans have unique tongue prints just like fingerprints.
- The tongue is the strongest muscle in the human body (relative to its size). It is also the only muscle that is only attached at one end.
- Taste is the weakest of the five senses.
- Cavity causing bacteria can be spread by kissing and sharing food or eating utensils.