Top 10 Reasons to Whiten Your Teeth
Have you ever thought about whitening your teeth? You’re not alone. Teeth whitening is the No. 1 requested cosmetic service today and its popularity continues to soar, according to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Although teeth are not really supposed to be bright white, no one wants their teeth to look like a row of corn. Some of the most popular reasons people consider teeth whitening are the following:
1. To remove stains on teeth caused from soda, coffee, smoking, wine and other foods.
2. To aid in Smoking Cessation. If you are trying to give up smoking and finding it stressful and hard going, having your teeth whitened is a step towards achieving your goal. You are not going to want to spoil your new white teeth with cigarette stains on your teeth.
3. For special occasions. A special event such as a wedding, job interview or class reunion. People want to look their very best for that all-important occasion.
4. Job Interviews. A white smile will increase your confidence and will help and create an excellent first impression when going for that job interview.
5. The boost to your confidence and self-esteem that comes from a great smile and white teeth. Yellow teeth can be embarrassing. With a new and improved smile, patients are more likely to have confidence in their appearance.
6. Aging Teeth. The natural aging process can cause our teeth to yellow and start to make the teeth look old and unhealthy, therefore making us feel old and unhealthy.
7. It is non-surgical. No surgery is required to have white teeth. Instead, there are several safe options that are relatively pain and risk free.
8. Better Oral Hygiene. Those who invest in a better smile are also known to have better oral hygiene. Since these patients care about the look of their teeth, they invest the time to brush, floss, and visit the dentist regularly. These steps are best way to improve your oral health and prevent disease.
9. Much like 40 is the new 30, Teeth Whitening is the new skincare. A brighter smile is often associated with youth. There is no point having fresh looking skin only to smile with those yellowish teeth. Make sure to include both your skin and teeth when striving for a younger appearance
10. It is relatively inexpensive compared to other cosmetic procedures. Talk to your dentist about whitening options and costs. There are several over-the-counter remedies that work, but none is better than the whitening achieved in the dentist’s office.
It’s kind of like the sun, when it’s there, everyone is happier. If you look good, you feel good, you smile and it rubs off on others! Contact your dentist today to see if it is right for you!